Hollywood Roofing provides star treatment that includes services most roofing contractors do not deliver—including assistance with an insurance claim. If your roof needs replacement or repair because of storm damage or other catastrophic event, call us for help seeking the fullest coverage. We are the hail damage assessment professionals!
Steps to Making a Roof Repair or Replacement Claim
The experienced crew at Hollywood Roofing know more than just roofing. We know how insurance works to reimburse repairs covered under your home’s or business’ policy. We also know that because insurance adjusters do not know roofing, they may devalue your claim. That is why your first step is to call Hollywood Roofing to schedule a thorough inspection. Then:
- Call your insurance company to file a claim. Your insurance company will assign your case a claim number and an adjuster. Your claims adjuster will contact you to schedule a date and time for a walk-through to assess the damage.
- Call Hollywood Roofing to schedule an experienced roofer to do the walk-through with your claims adjuster. During this appointment, we will discuss the findings from our inspection, and that may drastically affect the outcome of your claim—i.e., whether you are approved for roof replacement or not.
- All parties meet to discuss findings from the adjuster’s walk-through. It usually takes three to five business days for your adjuster to finalize the findings and scope of work for your roof repair or replacement.
- Once findings are processed, your insurance company will send you a check (most often a cashier’s check for 67% of the approved claim total) in the mail accompanied by the scope of work.
- Call Hollywood Roofing to schedule when your roof repair or replacement will begin. When the work is done, we will sign to confirm the date of completion.
- When you submit the necessary documentation, your insurance company will send you a check for the remaining balance for the covered scope of work.
If the approved claim amount is less than you expected, Hollywood Roofing can help you prioritize roof repairs or find solutions to stretch your claim dollar.
Increasing the Ease of Your Insurance Claim
There are two factors that can significantly help you get the insurance coverage you deserve under your policy:
- Get regular roof maintenance. It may be easier for a claim adjuster to differentiate damage from normal wear and tear on a well-maintained roof. Roof repairs on a well-maintained roof are also a sound investment.
- Call Hollywood Roofing and your insurance company as soon as you notice any damage, whether from wind, hail or direct physical loss.